2016/17 Winter Season
Cypress Mountain's Nordic Area is located on Hollyburn Ridge just 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver, right at the city's door step. We offer Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, Tubing and Sliding for guests of all ages and ability levels. The Cypress Nordic Area has a true winter adventure to offer everyone!
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING - Classic & Skate
Hollyburn Mountain hosts over 19km of groomed & track set cross country ski trails and 7.5 km of which are lit for night skiing. Whether you are a skate or a classic skier, a beginner or an expert, there is terrain here for everyone. With the largest ski school in Canada our experts will get you out skiing in no time.
- NORDIC SEASONS PASSES
- NORDIC TRAIL TICKETS
- NORDIC SKI RENTALS
- NORDIC SKI LESSONS
- VIEW TRAIL MAP
- CROSS COUNTRY RESONSIBILITY CODE
SNOWSHOEING - Self Guided & Tours
If you want to get out and enjoy winter, Cypress has 11 km of safe, inbounds self-guided snowshoe trails that run through sub alpine meadows and snowy mountain forests of Hollyburn Ridge. Our self-guided trails are open daily from 9am till sunset (last rentals go out 2 hours before the trails close). We also offer a variety of guided Snowshoeing Tours which offer a unique outing and are especially popular with groups.
GNARLY'S TUBE PARK & SLIDING AREA
If you've never experienced snow or just can't get enough, our Tubing Park is for you. Feel the thrill of sliding down chutes in a snow tube and let our tube tow do all the work getting you back up the slope. For those too small to tube we have a children's sliding area.
NORDIC AREA SERVICES
Within our Nordic base area you will find the following family friendly facilities;
- GUEST RELATIONS OFFICE – ticket sales, season passes, lesson / tour booking
- EQUIPMENT RENTALS – skate ski, classic ski, snowshoes, overboots, clothing, etc…
- NORDIC CAFÉ – offering baked goods, speciality coffees, soups and snacks
- WASHROOMS – including handicap washrooms and dipper changing facilities
- WAXING HUT – including a small change room
- PATROL – offering first aid services
- WARMING HUT – a place to rest and warm up
- TUBE PARK & SLIDING AREA – this controlled area is the only designated place to tube or slide with the Cypress Provincial Park
Out on the Nordic Trail system you will find the following;
- HOLLYBURN LODGE – offers traditional nordic cuisine, beer and wine, washrooms and a place to warm up
- UPPER WARMING HUT – water and a place to rest and warm up (or cool down)
- OUTHOUSES – Burfield Ski trail, Upper Warming Hut, Triangle Lake Ski Trail