- Downhill Season Passes
- Alpine Tickets
- Gold Medal Card - Alpine
- Rental Centre
- New to Cypress
- Terrain Parks
- Cypress Bucks (Gift Cards)
- Groups & Catering
- The Zone
Winter Driving Tips
Do you know how to drive in the snow?
Driving in snowy weather can become dangerous and challenging for drivers of all abilities. Good winter tread tires are required on all vehicles travelling the Cypress Bowl Road during the winter season. At certain times on the highway only vehicles with snow tires, chains or 4 wheel drives will be allowed.
Here are a few tips to keep you acting safe, road rules and responsible actions everyone should be aware of during the winter driving months:
- Before driving in the snow, remove all the snow and ice from the car windows, tail lights and headlights. Do not speed in wintery conditions – Especially in snow!
- Gradual starts and stops are key when traveling in the snow. When driving in wintery conditions, drivers should never slam on the brakes. Instead, tap the brakes or downshift, gradually coming to a stop. This will prevent skidding and it will prevent rear-ending collisions, which will occur when another driver can't stop in due to the slick roads.
- Avoid any sudden acceleration, especially when accelerating from a stop. Stomping on the gas pedal causes the wheels to spin in snow, often causing the car to get stuck. Avoiding complete stops can help drivers avoid getting stuck in the snow.
- Keep a shovel, ice-scraper & brush on hand in your vehicle to clear any excess snow from your vehicle.
- When it is snowing give yourself some extra time for a slower drive to work.
- Please also keep in mind that the ‘gate house’ located at the bottom of the Cypress Bowl Rd. is in operation during the road closure time of 11pm to 7am during the winter season.
- Always remember to stay in your own lane when a snow plow is on the road. Do not try to over take one unless is it extremely safe to do so.