BAC Country Access
Collecting your BAC Tag
A BAC Tag is required during our winter operations only.
1. Free parking is provided to all BC Park visitors in Lot 3b. If you wish to park closer, paid parking applies and can be paid for when you collect your BAC Tag.
2. A BAC Tag can be collected on Cypress Mountain in the Brown Bag Room located in the Black Mountain Lodge. The tag must then be visibly attached to your clothing.
3. Your tag will be inspected by our ticket checkers. Please have your tag ready for inspection.
4. Visit the info kiosk before you begin your hike to pick up a trail map.
5. Continue on the designated walking path to trail head, located to the west of the base of Eagle Chair.
BC Parks Visitors Parking
As of December 23rd, 2020, Cypress Mountain introduced a parking fee in the Nordic Area Lot 4 and in Lots 1,2, and 3A and adjacent roadsides in the Downhill Area. These fees will be charged to those vehicles entering the parking lots whose occupants have not pre-purchased a Ticket or Season Pass for planned, paid activities within the Downhill or Nordic Ski Area Boundaries. There will be no fee for Park Users parking in Lot 3b.
How to pay for parking?
Downhill parking passes can be found in the Brown Bag Room located in the Black Mountain Lodge in the Alpine Area. Nordic parking passes can be purchased near the trailhead in the Nordic Area. Alternatively they can be purchased via the Indigo Neo APP available in your App Store.
Please be prepared to provide an attendant with your parking pass information at the Main Gate or Hollyburn trail head.
When visiting BC Parks during the winter, prepare for cold temperatures, changing weather, challenging road conditions, short days, avalanches and variable ice conditions. All these factors mean less room for error in staying safe. Backcountry travelers are responsible for their own decisions and safety.