- Operational Update - 2020/21 Winter Season
Cypress Mountain is very excited to announce that we will be opening for the season this Friday, November 13th at 10am! Our Snowmaking and Snow Grooming team have done a superb job with the recent cold weather and natural snowfall, which demonstrates our continued commitment to our guests to provide the best possible snow conditions whenever possible with the most terrain on the North Shore. On Friday, we will be operating the Downhill area from 10am to 3pm and then switch to our regular early season operating hours from 9am to 4pm for the weekend.
We will kick start the season easing ourselves back into a winter operation with opening our beginner chairlift Easy Rider and opening the intermediate ski run “Upper Fork/ Lower Jasey Jay” on Eagle Express Quad Chairlift. Please note that there will be limited daily tickets available for all activities and tickets must be pre-purchased online (available after 2pm today) to avoid disappointment. For more information and to book your tickets, please click here.
Further exciting news, on Saturday, November 14th, we will be opening of Gnarly’s Tube Park in the Nordic Area. We will be offering limited daily tickets for snow tubing sessions over the weekend from 12pm to 2pm & 2pm to 4pm to start the season. Tickets for Gnarly’s Tube Park must be pre-purchased online (available after 2pm today).
We have worked extremely hard over the offseason at making certain that we offer the best opportunity for a safe recreation experience and we have the expectation that all visitors will do their part in maintaining a COVID-19 free environment. This plan will evolve through the season and we expect that we may need to make revisions and adjustments, sometimes day to day, based on the recommendations of Health Authorities or as we find efficiencies, on an ongoing basis.
It is important that we all respect and follow the guidance and health orders issued from the Provincial Health Officer. For the safety and welfare of all our guests and employees we must insist that you avoid visiting Cypress Mountain any time you do not feel well or exhibit and symptoms, if anyone in your household has become ill, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has been tested positively for COVID-19 within the prior 14 days.
In order to avoid disappointment, we encourage you to plan in advance and you must pre-purchase your ticket(s) online prior to visiting Cypress Mountain. We request that all visitors to Cypress Mountain provide our employees patience, flexibility and understanding in working with us to overcome any issues that are experienced.
We are all in this together!
President & General Manager
- You will need to maintain a designated Physical Distance from other guests as required by Health Authorities
- You will be required to wear a Face Covering for virtually all of your visit at the Resort
- You are strongly encouraged to Wash/Sanitize your Hands as often as possible throughout your visit
- All Lift Tickets, Equipment Rentals, Ski Lessons, Tubing Tickets, Trail and Snowshoe Tickets must be Purchased On-Line
- Cypress Mountain will be Cashless this season - all Resort purchases will be by Credit/Debit Card only
- Some of our normal offerings and services throughout the Resort will be more limited this season - please be prepared to utilize your vehicle during peak periods as an alternate opportunity for eating, warming, changing and storage.
If you have any questions please call 604-926-5612 or email us at email@example.com