We want to extend our sincere gratitude to our Cypress Skiing & Riding Community. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we have fought the weather and worked tirelessly to open more terrain.
Despite Mother Nature's initial hesitation this season, we received 5cm of snow overnight, with more in the forecast for the next 8 days. Alongside the expected snowfall, anticipated drops in temperature create an opportune window for snowmaking that our dedicated team and 84 high-powered snow guns are ready to leverage.
With the cold temperatures and snow in the forecast, we are excited to announce that Sky Quad is set to open this Sunday! Here is what you need to know about Sky Quad:
- The available terrain will cater to intermediate to expert levels only.
- Sky Quad will be in operation till 4pm - no night skiing just yet, we will open Sky Chair for night skiing as soon as possible.
- Run open on Sky Chair: T33 (more to come!
The planned opening is pending expected snow, if we don’t get enough snow and can’t safely open the terrain, we may need to delay the opening. Please stay tuned to our website and social channels for further updates as we get closer to the day!
Events at Cypress
We have an exciting lineup of events this season:
- Alpine Après every Saturday night on the Patio. Wind down after a day on the slopes to our resident DJ Sam Hampton!
- Join us for Family Nights with games, s’mores and prizes every Friday Night on the Patio. Perfect for the whole family!
- Complimentary Fireworks on Family Day
- Thursday Music Nights are back at the Hollyburn Lodge from 7-10pm. Dine and dance like a local to carefully selected talent, delicious food, and drink from only $10 per person.
- Indulge in the rich experience of cheese or chocolate fondue, or why not savor both options at our historic Hollyburn Lodge.
Exlpore our Events Calender here.
Cross Country Skiing & Winter activities
With the forecasted snow, we are hopeful to have more Cross Country trails, Snowshoeing, Lights to the Lodge, and Tubing chutes open for you as soon as possible. In the meantime, be sure to check out our new menu at the historic Hollyburn Lodge or indulge in some fondue!
Traditionally, our snowiest and most memorable days come in January and February, with skiing and snowboarding extending through to mid-April. Last year, favorable conditions did not arrive until late January, yet we concluded the season with an incredible 804cm of snow, and this year should be no different!
Stay tuned on our social media platforms and newsletter for the latest updates on lifts, terrain, and all things Cypress Mountain.
Early Season Conditions
Early-season conditions exist, even up at Sky Chair. Always look ahead and watch for marked and unmarked hazards, as well as unexpected holes/depressions. We ask that skiers and riders remain on designated runs where our groomers have had a chance to work with the snow. Terrain and grooming are limited, so please give your fellow skiers and riders plenty of space and ride cautiously.