Mountain Safety & Risk Awareness
Skiing, snowboarding and other activities that take place at ski areas involve the risk of injury. The information contained in the Safety and Risk Awareness section of this website is intended to inform you of the risks, dangers and hazards that you may encounter at a ski area and help you to stay safe while enjoying these activities. Whether you are a participant in these activities or a parent or guardian of a minor participant, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Safety and Risk Awareness information on this website.
Know The Code
There are elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Regardless of how you decide to use the slopes, always show courtesy to others. Please adhere to the code listed below and share with others the responsibility for a safe outdoor experience.
Snow Tubing Responsibility Code:
Make sure you are properly equipped with good winter tread on your footwear and clothing appropriate for the weather conditions.
- You must have sufficient physical ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload the lift. If in doubt ask the Tube Park staff.
- Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings and any instructions given by the Tube Park staff.
- When unloading from the handle tow, stand up out of your tube and exit immediately and with caution from the offload area - watch your footing on snow stairs and ramps and ask the lift attendant to stop the lift if you feel you are having difficulty.
- You must ensure that there is only one person per tube in a sitting position - with feet able to touch the sliding surface for control if necessary.
- Before starting downhill ensure that the sliding chute is cleared below - people ahead of you have the right of way and it your responsibility to ensure that your sliding route is clear.
- When your downhill ride is completed, maintain control of the tube and look uphill to ensure the exit route is clear, then exit the chute immediately on the designated route.
- Keep off closed areas, chutes and circulation areas.
- Stay in control of your Sliding Device at all times when not sliding - do not swing tubes on tethers.
- Do not stop or loiter where you obstruct any passageway within the Park or within the Sliding Chutes, or where not visible from above.