Mountain Stats & Maps
Three Mountains of Fun! Mt. Strachan • Black Mountain • Hollyburn Mountain Cypress is only 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is proud to continue to provide our skiers, riders and sliders with the most vertical drop, most terrain, most lifts and best snow conditions on the highest skiing and riding peak of Vancouver’s Legendary North Shore Mountains. With the best Winter Skiing and Riding in Vancouver, Canada’s most popular Cross Country Skiing Area, a huge Snowtubing Park and our unique Snowshoeing Tours, Cypress truly offers something for everyone!
The experienced and highly skilled Cypress Mountain Snowmaking Crew, whom we acclaim to be the "Best in the Business", work non-stop around the clock during stretches of snowmaking temperatures to keep close tabs on the quality and location of the snow production. They monitor winds and temperature patterns to make adjustments to produce the most quality snow possible under any circumstances. Our fleet of Super PoleCat Snowguns with 25 hp Fans (double the normal capability) is now increased to 47 Guns and they are unmatched in their capacity to convert clean cold mountain water to snowflake crystals. It takes 605,665 litres of water to cover one acre with one flat foot of snow. cypressmountain.com/snowmaking
Located at the upper lot of our Downhill Area, the Cypress Creek Lodge includes the Cypress Creek Grill: a fully licensed cafeteria, Crazy Raven Bar & Grill: a full serviced sit down restaurant, and the Gold Medal Cafe: our coffee shop serving specialty coffees and snacks.Located on the 1st level of the lodge you'll also find our ski and snowboard rental shop, repair shop, Big Bear Sports Retail Store, Guest Relations, public washrooms, the ticket office. Click here for our annual drinking water report.
Cypress Mountain Resort is committed to being accessible to all. Click here to learn more.
Cypress Mountain provides 3 full sized lots of FREE paved parking adjacent to the main lodge. We also have 1 lot of priority paid parking during peak periods.
Electric Car Charging
Located on the east side of the Cypress Creek Lodge at the very top of the parking lot is 2 electric car charging stations. One is a Tesla Specific charging station and the other is a Clipper Creek High Power Charging Station. Please note the charging stations are located in a lot that has peak period paid parking. Parking fees do apply when paid parking is in effect.
Ski/Snowboard programs are specifically designed to accommodate all types of skiers/riders from entry level right up to the most advanced.
Nordic Area Information
Cypress is one of the most diverse cross country ski area locally, and can accommodate thousands of cross country skiers every day.
- 19 km of groomed/classic track set trails with skating lanes (7.5 kms lit for night skiing)
- Extensive large rental fleets for standard classic technique
- Hollyburn Lodge (built in 1926) - licensed restaurant/warming hut
- Nordic Base Café, base area and upper trail warming hut
- Classic Ski and Skate Ski lessons are available & Nordic Ski School offers, many packages for kids, groups & beginners.
- 2 Warming Huts
- Convenient retail counter for gloves, waxes, sunglasses, touques etc.
The Only Cross Country Ski Area on the North Shore Mountains!
Facilities and Trails
- 10 km of self guided and well marked snowshoe trails (interlaced with in the nordic ski trail network)
- Snowshoe Rental
- Hollyburn Lodge (built in 1926) - Licensed Restaurant
- Nordic Café & 2 warming huts
- Daily Guided Snowshoeing Tours (day time and evening tours available)
- 2 Warming Huts
Snow Tube Park Information
If you've never experienced snow or just can't get enough, our SnowTube area is for you. Feel the thrill of sliding down trails in a snow tube and let our tube tow do all the work getting you back up the hill.
- Tubing Tow accessing 6 chutes; up to 200 tubers can be accommodated for
- Hollyburn Lodge (built in 1926) - licensed restaurant (a short hike away)
- Nordic Base Café
- Base area warming hut nearby
Please note: Height safety requires tubers must be a least 42 inches tall or ages 6+ to ride the tubes.