Nordic Ski Lessons
2014/15 Winter Season
Cypress Mountain is Canada's most popular Cross Country destination, with a respected Ski School to match the beautiful and varied trail system, all just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver. We offer a variety of programs from 1.5 hour introduction to multi-session clinics for skiers of all ages and abilities in both classic and skate technique.
Call 604-922-0825 to book a Cross Country Ski Lesson
Skate Ski Clinics
Skate skiing is a total body work out and the ultimate calorie burner. It is a fun winter alternative to running or cycling. Our multi-day skate clinic series offers 4 progressive 2 hour lessons taught by our expert instructors and will benefit both beginner and intermediate skate skiers.
Skate Ski Clinics (4 x 2 hour lessons)
|16 + Years|
Clinic & Starlite Nitetimer Pass with Rentals
Clinic & Cross Trainer Pass with Rentals
Lesson, Rental & Trail Ticket
Lesson & Rentals
Lesson & Trail Ticket
|* For the best value take advantage of our Adult Learn to Skate Ski Package which includes your lesson, trail tickets and rentals as well as a Cross Trainer or Starlite NiteTimer Pass (which includes rentals anytime your pass is valid)|
Skate Clinic Dates and Times:
|A:||December 29, 30, 31, Jan 1||Mon - Thurs @ 9:30am|
|B:||January 6, 13, 20, 27||Tuesdays @ 7:00pm|
|C:||January 8, 15, 22, 29||Thursdays @ 7:00pm|
|D:||January 10, 17, 24, 31||Saturdays @ 9:30am|
|E:||January 11, 18, 25, Feb 1||Sundays @ 9:30am|
|F:||February 10, 17, 24, Mar 3||Tuesdays @ 7:00pm|
|G:||February 12, 19, 26, Mar 5||Thursdays @ 7:00pm|
|H:||February 14, 21, 28, Mar 7||Saturdays @ 9:30am|
|I:||February 15, 22, Mar 1, 8||Sundays @ 9:30am|
|J:||March 16, 17, 18, 19||Mon - Thurs @ 9:30am|
Please call 604.922.0825 to book any of the above Skate Ski Clinics.
Cross Country Ski Lesson
Our group lessons are a great introduction to either skate or classic skiing in a fun and supportive group environment. Each 1.5 hour lesson will introduce you to basic techniques that will give you the confidence to enjoy your time out on our trails.
|Ski Lesson (1.5 hrs)
|Lesson & Ticket||$54
|Lesson & Rentals||$54||$44|
|Lesson, Rental & Trail Ticket
Classic Ski Lesson (ages 13+)
- Saturday & Sunday at 2pm
- Saturday & Sunday at 12pm - Family Lesson - for ages 6+ with an adult ( Dec 20 - Mar 1)
- Friday at 12:30pm
Skate Ski Lesson (ages 13+)
- Saturdays & Sunday at 12pm
- Saturday & Sunday at 2pm (Dec 20 - Mar 1)
- Monday at 12:30pm
Holiday Lessons (Dec 22 – Jan 2)
- Adult Classic (13+yrs) @ 10am – Dec 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, Jan1
- Family Classic (6+yrs accompanied by an adult) @1230pm – Dec 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, Jan 1, 2
- Kids Classic (6-12yrs) @ 1230pm – Dec 23, 30, 31, Jan 1, 2
- Adult Skate (13+ yrs) @ 10am – Dec 26, Jan 2
- Adult Skate (13+yrs) @1230pm – Dec 31
Private Ski Lesson
Private Lessons are a great way to get one-on-one instruction with our skilled instructors at a beginner, intermediate or advanced level of both Skate and Classic techniques. These lessons must be booked in advance to ensure availability. For private lessons with multiple people - the first person pays the private rate; all additional people pay the group rates above.
|Private Ski Lessons (1 hr)
|Lesson & Trail Ticket
|Lesson & Rentals||$94||$74|
|Lesson, Rental & Trail Ticket
Private Lesson times - All private lessons must be pre-booked
- Sat & Sun - 9am to 11:30am
- Mon & Wed - 5pm to 9pm
Other times may be available, please call 604.922.0825 to inquire
Our youth programs are specially designed to introduce children to the joy and excitement winter sports have to offer so they can begin a lifetime of fun and fitness in the great outdoors! For more information click HERE.
The Fine Print
- Cypress reserves the right to change or cancel programs or alter pricing without notice.
- All programs must be pre-booked and paid in full to guarantee spaces.
- All tickets, programs and passes are non refundable once purchases
- All lesson programs and tours run snow, rain or sunshine when the Nordic Area is open.
- Always visit the Nordic Conditions page or the Snowphone (604-926-5612) for daily operating hours and conditions updates before heading up the mountain.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars. Taxes are not included