Nordic School Groups
We offer a wide variety of fun and educational activities for elementary and secondary school groups, including cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snow tubing. Our programs are specially designed to focus on skill development and safety while introducing students to the fun and excitement that winter sports have to offer in an encouraging environment. All of our child/youth programs include the required equipment and are taught by qualified leaders. Make the most of your day on the mountain by packaging 2 activities into one day or spend some extra time on the trails practicing your newly learned skills.
|SCHOOL / YOUTH GROUPS
|Classic Skiing (2 hours)
|Skate Skiing (2 hours)
|Snowshoeing (2 hours)
|Snow Tubing (2 hours)
- Nordic School Group Pricing INCLUDES TAXES
- Prices are for children and youth ages 6 to 18 years
- Additional sessions must be for the same class or group to qualify for the discounted rates.
NORDIC ACTIVITY OPTIONS (each session is 2 hours long)
Classic Skiing - Our two hour Classic skiing lesson focuses on skill development and proper technique. All lessons are taught by qualified and experienced instructors who will work to increase students' confidence and control while exposing them to the natural beauty of Cypress Mountain.
Skate Skiing - For groups with prior Nordic experience who are looking for a challenge, Skate Skiing technique is a great next step. This program is most suitable for youth over 13 years of age and is a great option for school athletic clubs, sports teams and other outdoor recreation groups.
Snowshoeing - is easy to learn and great exercise. Let our experienced and knowledgeable guides take your students on a two hour trek through snowy forests and gently sloping meadows. This energizing and educational program is a favorite and is suitable for all ages. Please notify us in advance if you have a particular curriculum needs and we will do our best to customize your program accordingly.
Tube Park - Come and join us for the rush and exhilarating thrill of snow tubing! Our fully supervised Snow Tube park has a variety of chutes to choose from and a tube tow to get you back to the top. For participants 42" and taller or 6+ years of age (whichever comes first)
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
We will do our best to accommodate all programs requested at times outside of the normal school group time slots listed below. Please note these are lesson times only, you must arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled start time to pick up your equipment.
||MON - FRI
||SAT & SUN
|Morning||9:30am - 11:30am
10:00am - 12:00pm
|9:30am - 11:30am|
|Early Afternoon||12:15pm - 2:15pm
12:30pm - 2:30pm
|12:00pm - 2:00pm|
|2:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Additional after school and evening sessions may be available upon request|
In order to schedule the dates and times that best suit your needs it is highly recommend that you book early. Please follow the booking procedures below;
- Contact us with your school name, the maximum number of students in your group and your preferred dates and times.
- We will confirm the availability and send you a booking policy letter.
- Return the signed booking policy letter with your deposit to secure your spot.
- Upon receipt of the letter and booking deposit, we will send you a confirmation package with all the details of your booking. This package contains important information and due dates.
- Return the completed forms 2 weeks prior to your scheduled program start date.
- Keep us up to date with your expected number of participants so we can assign the appropriate resources
- Payment is due on the first day of your program. You will be expected to pay for the number of students who participate on the day.
- A $25 per week fee will be applied to all late payments.
Contact Info - Nordic School Group Coordinator:
We offer 1 complimentary chaperone ticket for every 10 paid students. In order to qualify, a chaperone must:
- be a school staff or a group leader
- be listed on the chaperone form included in your booking package
- attend the lesson or tour with their group and actively assist the mountain staff
- ensure students act appropriately at all times from arrival to departure, both on and off the snow.
- ensure the students leave the lunch facilities in an acceptable condition
Additional adults accompanying the group can purchase trail tickets and rentals at the discounted school group rates listed above, but are not permitted to join the lesson or tour. Only school staff can be included in the school invoice; non-school staff must pay in person on the day
We will do our very best to accommodate any special needs students, so they may participate in our program with their peers. It is imperative that we are given appropriate notice so we can make the necessary preperations and assign the appropriate staff. Due to possible equipment/staff limitations we may not be able to accommodate all requests. Please be aware that in some cases there may be additional costs.
DOWNHILL SKIING & SNOWBOARDING
For more information on Downhill Ski & Snowboard school group lessons please visit our Downhill School Groups page.
The Fine Print
- Cypress reserves the right to change or cancel programs or alter pricing without notice.
- All products are non-transferable and non-refundable once purchased.
- All lesson programs and tours run regardless of weather conditions when the Nordic Area is open.
- Always visit the Downhill or Nordic Conditions page or call our Snowphone at 604.926.5612 for daily operating hours and condition updates before heading up the mountain.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars.
- Taxes are included on the Nordic School Group prices listed on this page