Nordic School Groups
We offer a wide variety of fun and educational activities for elementary and secondary school groups, including cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and snow tubing. Our programs are specially designed to focus on skill development and safety while introducing students to the fun and excitement that winter sports have to offer in an encouraging environment. All of our child/youth programs include the required equipment and are taught by qualified leaders.
Make the most of your day on the mountain by packaging 2 activities into one day or spend some extra time on the trails practicing your newly learned skills.
|School/Youth Group Pricing*
||1 x Session
||3 x Sessions
|Snow Tubing Add On (same day)
|Nordic Trio (xc / ss / tube)||n/a||$60|
* School Group Pricing INCLUDES TAXES
** We require at least one afternoon time slot for all 3 part series. All sessions must be for the same class/ group. Additional lesson packaging options are available on request.
Nordic Activity Options (2 hours each)
- Classic Skiing - Our two hour Classic skiing lesson focuses on skill development and proper technique. All lessons are taught by qualified and experienced instructors who will work to increase students' confidence and control while exposing them to the natural beauty of Cypress Mountain. Program is available as a 1 or 3 part series.
- Skate Skiing - For groups with prior Nordic experience who are looking for a challenge, Skate Skiing technique is a great next step. This program is most suitable for youth over 13 years of age and is a great option for school athletic clubs, sports teams and other outdoor recreation groups. Programs are available in a 1 or 3 part series.
- Snowshoeing - is easy to learn and great exercise. Let our experienced and knowledgeable guides take your students on a two hour trek through snowy forests and gently sloping meadows. This energizing and educational program is a favorite and is suitable for all ages. Please notify us in advance if you have a particular curriculum needs and we will do our best to customize your program accordingly. For youth over 13 years of age we offer a 3 part adventure series that will teach your youth valuable winter safety skills such as; trip preparation, route finding and orienteering.
- Tube Park - Come and join us for the rush and exhilarating thrill of snow tubing! Our fully supervised Snow Tube park has a variety of chutes to choose from and a tube tow to get you back to the top. For participants 6 years (48" tall) or older, tubing is available on it's own or as an add on to another program.
Program Dates & Times
We will do our best to accommodate all programs requested at times outside of the normal school group time slots listed below.
|Monday - Friday||Weekends & Holidays|
|10am - 12pm||9:30am - 11:30am|
|12:15pm - 2:15pm||11:45am - 1:45pm|
|Afterschool / Evening time slots available||2pm - 4pm|
|Evening time slots available|
The times above are lesson times only.
In order to schedule the dates and times that best suit your needs it is highly recommend that you book early. Please follow the booking procedures below;
- Contact us with your school name, the number of students in your group and your preferred dates and times.
- We will confirm the availability and send you a booking policy letter.
- Return the signed booking policy letter with your deposit to secure your spot.
- Upon receipt of the letter and booking deposit, we will send you a confirmation package with all the details of your booking.
- This package contains important information and due dates
Nordic School Group Coordinator:
All chaperones listed on the chaperone form are expected to actively assist mountain staff from your arrival to departure. In order to provide the best possible experience for your students we request that you attempt to assign chaperones to groups that are comparable to their fitness and ability levels.
We offer 1 complementary Chaperone package for every 10 paid students. (not including FT SEA's) These chaperones are to attend the lesson or tour with thier group. Additional adults accompanying the group are not permitted in the lesson or tour and may purchase their own trail ticket and rentals on mountain.
Chaperones are expected to supervise students and ensure they act appropriately at all times both on and off snow.
We will do our best to accommodate any special needs students and other special requests if we are given the appropriate notice to make the necessary preparations. Due to possible equipment/ Staff limitations we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
*There may be additional costs associated with special needs students.
Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding
Please visit our Alpine School Groups Page for more information.
The Fine Print
- Cypress reserves the right to change or cancel programs or alter pricing without notice.
- All products are non-transferable and non-refundable once purchased.
- All lesson programs and tours run regardless of weather conditions when the Nordic Area is open.
- Always visit the Alpine or Nordic Conditions page or our Snowphone at 604.926.5612 for daily operating hours and condition updates before heading up the mountain.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars.