Beginner and Intermediate
Level 1 Skate Clinic
These sessions are intended for those who are new to the sport or have limited (less than one season on snow) skate ski experience. The fundamentals of skate skiing will be introduced with the goal of providing a solid foundation for the skier to develop their skills. Skills taught will include balance, coordination, propulsion and direction change. Skate maneuvers learned will include free skate, one skate, diagonal skate, offset skate and wedge turns. Depending upon the level of the group and available time, advanced techniques such as two skate and higher speed step turns will be introduced.
Level 2 Skate Clinic
These sessions are ideal for those who have been skate skiing for a couple of seasons. Although level 1 is not a pre-requisite, participants are expected to be familiar with the skills and concepts introduced at level 1. Experienced classic and downhill skiers with no previous skate ski experience are advised to register for level 1 unless they have the required skate ski experience. Skills and maneuvers introduced at level 1 will be reviewed and refined. Students will learn to ski efficiently for the terrain and ski strategically to achieve consistent flow. New maneuvers will include two skate and offset skate with lead changes, transitions, and high-speed step turns.
|A||Tuesdays||Beginner||7:30pm||January 3, 10, 17, 24|
|B||Thursdays||Beginner||7:30pm||January 5, 12, 19, 26|
|C||Fridays||Beginner||9:30am||January 6, 13, 20, 27|
|D||Mondays||Intermediate||7:30pm||January 9, 16, 23, 30|
|E||Tuesdays||Beginner||7:30pm||February 7, 14, 21, 28|
|F||Thursdays||Beginner||7:30pm||February 9, 16, 23, March 2|
|G||Mondays||Intermediate||7:30pm||February 13, 20, 27, March 6|
- Cancellation policy: All lessons once purchased are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Lessons are forfeit for absent participants. In the event that Cypress Mountain cancels your lesson, you will be rescheduled to another lesson within the same or future seasons
- Please check your confirmation email for further information.
- Online registration is available (unless sold out) until 2-3 days prior to the start date. Please call 604-922-0825 if you are trying to book space after the online cut-off.
- All lesson programs and tours run regardless of weather conditions when the mountain is open
- Always visit the Downhill or Nordic Conditions page or phone 604-926-5612 for daily operating hours and condition updates before heading up the mountain
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars
- Taxes not included.